Sunday, June 05, 2011

Just for now ...

outside my window... sunny but very windy
i am thinking... how fast this school term has gone
i am thankful for... being organised
i am wearing... tracky and new Love Never Dies tshirt
i am going to watch on TV... Merlin
i am currently reading... school reports!
i am hoping... to walk more often
on my mind... getting on top of these last few weeks of term
pondering these words... there is a fountain of youth in your mind
from the kitchen... Den cooking chocolate torte
around the house... all is quiet bar the dishwasher
one of my favorite things... listening to Love Never Dies
i'm creating... a positive environment
a few plans for the rest of the week... just a regular week one hopes
from my lens: using my iTouch camera in the city yesterday .... me and my gorgeous little family.

My man (pulling faces as usual)





My boy





My girl



I am having a lot of fun with a new camera iTouch app - tilt shifting. Tilt-shift miniature faking is a process in which a photograph of a life-size location or object is manipulated so that it looks like a photograph of a miniature scale model. Lots of fun!



Katie is writing continuously of late ... the big one shows the introduction of our new cat and the top left is fabulous: "Mum...how do you spell 'sustainability'?" Yikes! A brainstorm of ideas from a six year old! Not bad!






A collage of some Project 52 shots over the past few weeks.






Meet Achilles ... Hugh's new cat ... he came to the shelter in such bad condition they had to amputate his leg. Trust Hugh to fall for him! He seems a great cat ... a real snuggler!





After much anticipation finally yesterday I saw 'Love Never Dies' - Lloyd Webber at his eccentric best in parts. The story was wonderful ... highly embarrassing as tears trickled down my face when the curtain came down.







"So look with your heart
and not with your eyes
The heart understands
the heart never lies
Believe what it feels
And trust what it shows
Look with your heart
the heart always knows"

5 comments:

margote05 said...

Oh, I like this quotation Helen. It is so true! And I like the photos which you made with your Iphone! I would so like to have Iphone;) there are many terrible photos applications lol I am satisfied to read that everything is well for you and your family. And as usual, I take a lot of pleasure to come here;)
Hugs

LOFT said...

Wow, I never heard of tilt shift photography before, Helen! You taught me something new--now if I could just take photos like you, too! :) I love that poem at the end. Just lovely.

MariaT said...

I'm so happy the show lived up to your expectations!

kym said...

I think a new photo challenge coming up . . . tilt shifting? Great photos as always, have a great week!

Amy said...

Looks like you're keeping busy as usual, Helen!
Im' curious about your Thriving book listed onthe side. Off to Amazon to check it out!

Blog Archive