Friday, April 04, 2008

Horton Hears a Hugh



I know I have been MIA....so busy! Hugh's birthday seems to have gone for the entire two week holiday! We are exhausted! I have also been very spoilt with Den getting me a new lap top for my birthday. So I have been out of action whilst we transferred all my data across. So let's see....I left you on Monday with the arrival of a mouse .... thankfully the excitement there has died down somewhat, I could not take any more blow by blow descriptions of what April (the said mouse) was doing. Tuesday we went to Bunnings and made creative pictures and then later to the library to make mandala's. The highlight was to be our trip to the drive-in to see Horton Hears a Who, or as Katie says "... a Hugh". That was fun. Wednesday we had Macca's for lunch as per Hugh's request and the Whites (neighbours) came up for a pizza dinner. Yesterday we took Hugh to the shops to spend his birthday money. So you can see Den and I have collapsed into Friday - and this was meant to be a week of rest! LOL! LOL! (laughing hysterically!!) ps. one photo there is of Hugh reading to Katie...so sweet and his reading has just sky rocketed this past month.

6 comments:

Jodie Redman said...

Sounds like you have had a great week! How cute - Horton Hears a Hugh!!! LOL!! Have a great weekend

Wendy said...

What a great title for the blog and just too funny!! So was the movie good? Looks like a very fun and busy week...now you can take a breath, lol...I'm still jealous of your library!! That is great Hughie and his reading...we had a milestone tonight...Michael grabbed a book he got at the wildlife refuge, about frogs, and read it to me tonight, YEA!! First time he has attempted to read a book to me...Of course he can't read but still I was tickled that he tried!! I hope Michael is half the boy Hughie is...I would be happy!!

Yummers! said...

What lucky, lucky children to have you for a mom and Den for a dad. They'll have such wonderful memories of their childhoods.
Hugs!!
Grammy J

Angie said...

This is a great post, Helen! I love the fact that Hugh is reading to Katie. That's HUGE!!!

And. .. drive-ins? Sadly, we had them when I was a child, but you are hard-pressed to find a decent drive-in any more. I think there's one -- the next town over. Great memories!!

Leah said...

Sounds very busy! I really wanted to get the boys to see Horton Hears a Who. Did they love it?

Jorinde said...

Adorable photo's of the two kids together! I hope you get a quite weekend! If there is something like that when you have to kids! LOL

Blog Archive