Monday, January 14, 2008

Surfer Dude!




Our planned trip to a surf beach with Amanda and Daryl had come round. Although a cloudy day and very very windy we set off for Phillip Island. Our first port of call - Woolami - was way too rough and terribly unpleasant. The look on Hugh's face, totally crestfallen at the prospect of no swimming, was enough to break your heart. Luckily our next stop proved somewhat better. Amanda and Daryl had kindly packed extra surf boards so even Den went out. Hugh did tremendously well under Amanda's tuition and even got off his knees on one occasion. We then went into Cowes for lunch. All in all it was a great family day. Lots more photos can be seen by clicking here!
And me? I was just happy snapping away :)

9 comments:

Yummers! said...

Loved the photos of the kids on the 'slideshow'. You are great at capturing a family outing.

What about sharks? We hear such horrific stories over here about your sharks and surfers.
Joni

ChristianeK said...

I loved the photos. It makes me wish I was at the beach. It looks like everyone had a fun time. Thanks for sharing all of those wonderful photos. Take care and big hugs to you :)

Angie said...

What fun, my friend!

Leah said...

Great pics as usual!

TheresaK said...

WOWIE!! I love all those pics!!

Anonymous said...

It's so funny you guys are enjoying summer while we are covered in snow :) Great beach pictures!

Nancy said...

i wish one of two things would happen here in jersey, it would be warm enough to go the beach or we would get a foot of snow. neither one is happening just plain old bone chilling weather. love the pics, glad you had a good day.

Wendy said...

Oh I love that smile on Den's face!! Looks like he is enjoying the day!! I also love that rock photo, I just bought some scrap-paper that kind of looks like it. Michael saw the paper and said "cool rocks Momma"! I am so glad you all had a good day!! It looked like fun to me!!

natamalie said...

wow great shots!

Blog Archive