Sunday, March 27, 2011

the finishing line is in sight ...

Outside my window... cool and overcast ... winter is on its way :( ~ I am thinking... I can make it through this last week before term break ~ I am thankful for... understanding people ~ I am wearing... tracky daks and 3/4 sleeve top with vest ~ I am going... to try and 'release' all that is weighing me down ~ I am currently reading... the last book in the Langani series ~ I am hoping... that things will plateau out soon, hopefully some time away will help me regain my equilibrium ~ From the kitchen... Den is cooking Sunday lunch ~ Around the house... Hugh and Katie are quietly playing ~ One of my favorite things... having new scrapping kits to play with and time to read You can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page..... and participate in creating a list of the simple things and every day moments of our daily lives.

I am excited to share that I have been asked to make monthly contributions to The Artisan Notebook magazine. I always thrive on fresh new challenges, and one page a month is not a big ask. It's a nice read that I can download and read pdf on my ipad. So I will start in the month of May and I am on the "Song Writers" team ... using song lyrics in pages.


Click on the cover for links ....





From my lens ......


goodbye summer




get that ball out of the tree



time for walking




brotherly love



making minecraft plans




recovering from a trip to the hospital



flowers from the 'clan' - Den's Call of Duty buddies



home made flowers from my Chonk




making his own school lunch




friendly reminders in case I forget




karting the itouch way

a trip to the theatre to see "Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber"

Some of my recent scrap pages ... credits can be found HERE

10 comments:

kym said...

Hi Helen, Didn't know you were in the hospital. I hope you are recovering well. Good luck making it through the last week before break. I know how that goes. I can't wait until June to start our summer break. As for the itouch, my bostyn loves it too and she is only 2 1/2 years old. She knows how to use it better than her dad. Have a great week!

Life in Colors said...

Hey Helen, how are you doing, I see you are out of the hospital. I sent you an e-card but not sure if you've got it? In case you were thinking that I have forgot about you, I didn't. Love your cool photo's specially the one of the bee. We are having lovely spring weather yesterday it was 22C !!

MariaT said...

How exciting to be asked to be a regular contributor! You've got the talent for it!

LOFT said...

Congratulations on your new gig! Very cool! :) Love your pics, as always. Hope you continue to heal so you can feel yourself again. Hugs

Nini said...

Not surprised you were asked to be a regular contributor for the magazine! Haven't read it a while and now I have an excuse to do so again!
I certainly hope are you are feeling better! One more week to go and you'll have to time to relax and find your balance!
As always, I love all of your photos and I'm really liking the way your blog is looking!
Have a fabulous week!
(((hugs)))

margote05 said...

I hope that your health gets(fits) better and that you get back!!! Here the spring comes. The sun is more and more present and I have to admit you that that pleases. We can put our light shoes and spend time in the garden!
As usual, I admire your pages and your photos. And the post-treatment of photos also!
Take, please, care of you Helen and of your family! Hugs

Val said...

not even the hospital will limit you helen.
Sending a friendly reminder of how much I love you too... just in case you forgot
take care sweetie
val

Sue said...

Congrats on your gig at The Artisan Notebook, your pages will be a great asset to the e-zine. I love your photos (as always) but the one that really takes my breath away is the one with the bee ... wow! It's so beautiful, you can even see the detail of it's wings! Hope you're well on your way to being fighting fit again? How sweet of Den's "clan" to send you flowers and even sweeter stll is the image of Hugh making his own lunch (so grown up) and Chonk reminding you (like you could ever forget) that she loves you. Blessed. Truly blessed my friend xoxoxo

Amy said...

Oh nice, Helen! Can't wait to see some of those songs lyric scraps, they're my fav!

Yummers! said...

Congrats on being asked to contribute to The Artisan Notebook!! Applause!! I just subscribed to the on-line magazine this morning. I haven't had the chance to look at it yet... but I will be keeping my eye out for your contibutions. Yea!!

Blog Archive