Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I hope you all have/had a wonderful day. We caught up with my family for lunch and then Den treated me to a walk in our Botanical Gardens so I could take lots of photos. I did, however, make sure to jump in front of the camera considering it was Mother's Day.
The most wonderful things I received today were the written cards from the children. Katie's card came in the form of questions and answers she completed at creche. Here are some of my faves:

How old is your Mummy? I don't know, but I think she is 1 or 2

What does your Mummy like to eat? Mashed potato

How much do you love your Mummy? "This much" extending her arms to the sides.


Hugh's card contained a descriptive list of adjectives. Here are some of my faves:

wow, in my heart, singer, cleaner, hugger.

But best of all were his words, "you are part of my heart (the golden piece)".

And I will leave you with this wonderful quote I received from one of my email newsletters:


Mothering is the ultimate journey of transformation
and discovery, a rich and life-changing activity.
Fostering and nourishing your child’s spirit is
as creative an endeavor as writing a novel or painting
a masterpiece. Opportunities to explore this creativity
present themselves each day, no matter the age of your child.

- Mimi Doe
Have a wonderful week everyone :)

12 comments:

Val said...

what a great way to refill batteries? isn't it!
Yours littleS ones are PERFECT,, and the "big" one is ... perfect too!
take care
val

Maria said...

Helen, you've just made my day! Your little ones are just soooooo sweeet!!! Great photo of the 3 of you and that quote - I'm saving it!!! Happy mother's day!

MariaT said...

I'm glad you had a great day! you seem like such a wonderful mom so you deserved it!

Life in Colors said...

Happy Mothersday Helen!!! Aren't the kids presents the best ?!

Annika said...

Awwww Helen, your kids are just the cutest!!! Happy mothers day to you (I have to wait until may 31). Great great photo of the 3 of you!!

Rleen said...

Hi Helen, Happy Mother's Day! Hope you enjoyed this special day!

I have something waiting for you in my digi blog.

Hugs,
Arlene

Jodie Redman said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day and I just love that photo of you and the kids - gorgeous!

Yummers! said...

Out of the mouth of babes... always precious! Keepsakes!! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day... love the photo of you and your kiddies!
Hugs,
Joni

Dig-Photos n Scrappings said...

What a beautiful Picture taken.. Happy Mother;s Day!

Leah said...

I'm loving the photo of you and the kids!!! Glad you had a great day!!

Lenore Ryan said...

Awesome picture of you and the kids! It sounds like you had a lovely day.....I'm glad, as you deserved it!!

Kami said...

Beautiful photo!!!! Sounds like you had a great day and yes, you are absolutely right!! I really did need to read that quote!!! *sigh* I am so glad that we are not alone in this journey called "motherhood"!! Oh and I hope Hugh is feeling better soon too. :)

Blog Archive