Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fitzroy Garden walk

One of the main reasons I love doing the Photo Challenges is because it takes us out almost every weekend in search of the week's subject. This week Leah chose the fabulous topic of pathways. I am yet to decide on which to post for the challenge. I also chose this first photo for my Project 365 collection for this week. The rest are on my photo blog.

We had a lovely morning at the Fitzroy Gardens. Hugh is of the age where he is starting to drag his feet about going, however, once there they just run and run and run! Katie told me her body would not stop bouncing because she loved this place so much.

All in all I would say a win win sitution for everyone - some quiet time out, some time to run and play and Mummy got her photos!

I did make them stop running for just this one instance so I could get this shot.

The main reason we went to this particular gardens was for the tall stately trees and so many pathways. Love this shot of Hugh running down one such path and all this in the heart of our city.

It was a family affair for the Chonk to try and get a drink! LOL! Daddy holding her up and brother pushing the button.

Hugh was fascinated to try and work out what animal would live in that tree hole.

Cap the morning off with a swing in the playground.

11 comments:

evanwick said...

Oh what a beautiful weekend adventure!! Great photos!!
Laura

Lenore Ryan said...

Such an amazing place!!! I always love it when you post photos from your outings to Fitzroy Garden!! If I'm ever so lucky to be able to go "downunder", it would certainly be on the top of my list of places to visit!! As always, your photography is wonderful and I love the stories it tells!!

Dig-Photos n Scrappings said...

wow.. ur amazing photos...
tiffy

AnikA said...

wow I love your photos. They´re always amazing. Wish I could make such photos

MariaT said...

That one with Hugh and the tall trees is my favorite!!

Leah said...

Oh, I'm drooling over your photos!! I can't wait to see what you pick to post!!!!! It looks warm too :)

Jodie Redman said...

Lovely photos Helen. We love Fitzroy Gardens too and E is the same when it comes to family outings... never wants to go but has the most fun when we are there. Have a great week!

Jorinde said...

What a beautiful place and your pictures are really super, especially that sweet top one!

Yummers! said...

You have so many gorgeous places to go near Melborne. What a great family outing. I love the photo of Katie on the swing... "up in the air so high". Now... over to your other blog.
Hugs,
Joni

Anonymous said...

ooh Helen, what a beautiful pictures you made! Just gorgeous!

Time for me to go to sleep now, but I definetely will come back.

Regards from Holland,

Anita

Karin said...

OH GOOD GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These pictures are freakin' AMAZING!!!!! I hate you...in a very good way....well, sometimes...

Blog Archive