Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spring! That's how it is!

I wanted to do a page about how Katie is my shadow at the moment, always running after me. I thought this Pooh Bear quote would be most appropriate. Then of course I see she has her Beanie Kid (bear) in her hand as usual - always a teddy on hand! So I guess this page could be for me and for the teddy she always insists on carrying around. At creche the teachers are worried that she constantly has her teddy. They are her security blanket. I am not so worried! Not like she will be 18 and carrying around her teddy bear! LOL! Let her be little for as long as she needs.
Credits: Word Art: "That's how it is!" - Famous Last Words; everything else Kreations by Kami (acherryontop.com) paper: "Everyday Paper Pack"; frame, ribbon, button: "Basic Black Kit"; flower and splatter: "Down to Earth Kit".
Credits: word art: "Spring" - Sue Cummings (Forum Special. Autumn available at Oscraps). All else - Leiko Beck Designs (Oscraps) - paper: "It's all about the love digi kit"; pin and frame: "Bent out of shape Vol.1."; bee: "Birdies and Bee's paper pack"; stitches and word art: "Doodle me this all natural"; overlay: "Subtly Inked Overlays Vol.1."

8 comments:

jopke designs said...

Helen these are some wonderful layouts. The colors are great and full of that spring feeling. Sadly here in Holland we are running towards fall... whehehe... Well, these pages of yours will keep me in the spring!

Kami said...

Gorgeous page!! That purple is so stunning!!

Lenore Ryan said...

That Pooh quote is perfect for the LO of Katie and Teddy!! I wouldn't worry either....when she's ready, Teddy will be on a shelf in her room to be admired and to help bring back awesome memories!!

As always, your LOs are a feast for the eyes!! TFS!!

Karin said...

Oh my, these are beautiful!!!! I am loving the one of Katie, and the word art (again!) is just perfect!!!!!! I just downloaded it..thank you!!!! Funny thing is, Jessi wasn't feeling so well this morning and she insisted on taking her Pooh to school. At first, I thought about saying no...I'm sure the teachers wouldn't approve, but then I quickly changed my mind. You are RIGHT, they should be allowed to be little for as long as they possibly can!!!! Love the Spring layout too- gorgeous colors and picture!!!!!

Jodie Redman said...

Beautiful LOs Helen. Ella is just the same with her teddy!! Off to download your new wordart - maybe I'll get some scrapping time soon!

Leah said...

Ahhh your pages are always just so great!

Rleen said...

Helen, these are gorgeous! Love them all.

Wendy said...

Oh Helen I love the layout for Katies wattle photo, too cute...and that pooh quote is perfect!! The layout for your flower photo is gorgeous, Wow...Love it!! Can I come visit, lol...I love spring!! I've had my taste of autumn now I want spring!! LOL...

Blog Archive