Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A "hole" new way of looking at things

Some of you may recall (refer below left photo) my blog entry about Hugh's new runners! I complained about having to purchase new runners once every school term (we have four terms). Well I seemed to have jinxed myself. Have a look at said runners now (refer below right photo). Sheesh! Better yet have a look at the photo below where I am putting my finger right through the sole of his shoe. What my boy has done to get his runners in this state in THREE WEEKS just blows my mind. I need a plan ......
A plan! Hard wearing big bloomin' boots! What do you say to that! Ha! Anyone taking bets?
Hugh also had to upgrade the strength of his lenses. I don't know why I feel a bit sad about this - still! I know! I know! Interestingly I was told the eye has to be taught to "see" (ie. fine detail etc) by the age of ten or it will never be able to focus properly. It would seem Hugh will always need glasses - he has trouble seeing far away. As we sat in the optometrist waiting for his glasses, I was struck by that face. Yes ..... I have got used to the glasses (not yet a year) and Hugh certainly has. As they said, he is happy as his eyes are not having to work so hard now. But I confess that I so miss that little glassless face. So I went a bit ballistic (aussie slang meaning to go crazy) with my little camera.

Too ballistic it would seem. This is the face one gets when Mum shoves a camera too many times in it. Ooops!

7 comments:

Jodie Redman said...

OMGoodness!! I thought E was bad with his runners - he is managing to last a whole term at least! Will be interested to see how the boots last! How funny is that last photo!!! Too cute!

Lenore Ryan said...

Hugh and James could be brothers, shoe-wise! Those "runners" look very familiar!! LOL I LOVE the closeup picture of Hugh too....both of your children have beautiful eyes!!

Leah said...

ROFL!!! I can totally relate to the holes in shoes! Actually Jordan AND Joshua have holey shoes as we speak, but I am holding out for back to school because I know if I buy them now they will be ruined!

What a completely adorable face he's making at you!

evanwick said...

Oh Heavens!!! I wonder the same thing sometimes! You certainly don't have a couch potato!! This post made me laugh so hard. From the shoes to that look on his face!!

Laura

Dig-Photos n Scrappings said...

he so cutepretty eyes.. about shoes hole ihad done with billy n mary jessie.. last may.. hate to buy a more new shoes.. heh..

Wendy said...

LMBO....Oh goodness what a FACE that is too!! I still can't believe what he has done to his shoes!! Oh MY!! Something I have to look forward too, I suppose, Ekk! Hopefully the boots will last a bit longer! I like Hugh with his glasses! It makes him look so sophisticated and grown up! Just like his Daddy!

Nancy said...

oh my! you gotta do more close ups of hugh!! man he's gorgeous! it's nice he doesn't mind wearing his glasses, i have to be up vinny's but all the time about his retainers! sometimes when i go to bed i'll find his retainers in the kitchen and I'll go upstairs wake him up and make him put them in!

Blog Archive