Thursday, June 19, 2008

Watch out world!

Two noteworthy pieces of news to report today.

One, my Denny has started a blog. Yes folks it has happened. Here is a link to "A Day in the Life of an IT Consultant". I have a permanent link to it on my sidebar. Should be riverting reading *snort* but let's see how it evolves .... you may pick up a useful tip or two. Below is a photo of Den contemplating his first entry ... true! He see's himself as Yoda! LMAO Denny! (Den and I have a joke he wishes I LMAO as much as I say I do and then maybe it would not be the size it currently is LMAO!!!) I'm working on it Den. Second piece of noteworthy news - SKYPE! It's free and its sensational. So guess what I have been doing today ..... chatting to (and seeing! via webcam) my dear dear friend Wendy in Texas. Woohoo! Just like she was in the next room. Gosh! Some days technology rocks! Two people on opposite sides of the world who have become firm friends for over a year now, got to sit down and see and talk to each other. As Wen would say, SWEET! It can be used locally as well, I mean all you need is a computer with speakers. It's great for myself and the children to chat and see Daddy while he is at work. It's free to download and easy to install.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Helen a FANTASTIC Day!! And yes very SWEET!! Yea to Den and his blog, I love it!! I am off to bed, Good NIGHT!! LOL....

Jodie Redman said...

Glad to hear your chat went well!

Leah said...

Skype sounds interesting!! How exciting to chat live with Wendy... now I'm off to take a peek at Den's blog... your such a bad influence =)

Angie said...

Haven't been to Den's site yet. But I will.

I would love to webcam talk to you one of these days. A

Nancy said...

i checked out den's site, it looks great and i think it's a cool idea!

evanwick said...

I'm off to check out Den's site!! How cool!!

And Skype! Wow....I don't have a webcam but it would be fun to chat that way! One more thing for my wishlist!!!
Laura

Krissy said...

H... I went and read DEN'S blog. I give up. He speaks GREEK. Good luck with the blogging Den!

Web chat? REALLY????

Love the yoda pic!

Blog Archive