Saturday, February 09, 2008

Famous last words!



If I had a photo of me throwing my arms up in the air and saying, "I give up" I would have put it in this blog entry. Another Friday night dinner at the park. This one was greatly anticipated by Hugh as his little friend DJ and Dad, Sel were to join us. The rainy day was kind come dinner time and off we went. Dinner finished and I had taken a couple of snaps from the picnic blanket and was preparing to venture further afield. Katie went off to follow Hugh and DJ when Den called out to her,

"Watch out for bull ants!"

Do I really need to tell you what happened next? No! She stopped, froze and ran back to the blanket with tears streaming down her face. Inconsolable! Screamed and cried for the duration of our stay and there I was, once more, cuddling my girl rocking back and forth on the picnic blanket. Deja vu? And I did not even take my tripod! Ha!

By the way.... I TOTALLY blame Denis for this!

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Ahhh Den what have you done!! Yikes!! Poor Katie...another meltdown...poor Helen for having to deal with it all...ugh!! Beautiful photos...so what is the beetle, lol...you knew I was going to ask....I love the trees!! Is this the tree park close to your house? I still remember those early morning photos when there was still a misty fog hanging around...they were beautiful...Thanks for sharing and sorry Katie had a meltdown...I just know gradually she will get over this and move on...Michael used to have meltdowns over fire ants...they are everywhere here...now he is okay with them, thank goodness!!

Wendy said...

P.S. I love the depth of view on that tree shot...sweet job!!

Leah said...

Okay I have to say, even though Katie is sooo very upset, the pic of them together is adorable. Kids seem to have short term memory, and I am sure in time the bull ants will be forgotten.... I hope!

Nancy said...

it must have been one of those... "did i just say that out loud?" moments for den! poor katie, poor den!

Yummers! said...

You do such nice things as a family like exposing your kids to bull ants, and cracks in the boardwalk... hee, hee. You are great parents... Katie's just in a "phase". We went through my oldest cutting all the elastic in her clothing so it wouldn't touch her. So she'd walk around clutching the waistbands together so they didn't fall down.
An such is life!
Hugs,
Grammy J

Kemal KONUK said...

I loved your website.
Thanks to share your wonderful moments with us.
I tried to share good momets too in my blog
good examples you gave to me

Krissy said...

OH THE POOR BABY!!!! Did she get bitten? Or just afraid?

Anonymous said...

Okay...maybe you ought to try going to the park on a Saturday. We now know it's not the tripod; perhaps it's the day!

Hope little princess is okay!
Great pictures as always, Ms. Helen!

Melly :)

P.S. You Aussies have the freakiest bugs...makes me appreciate our mosquitoes just a little bit!

P.P.S. But it's minus forty degrees here so at least there are NO bugs!!

Karin said...

Awwww, poor Katie!!!!!!!!! Bull ants??? Yikers!!!!! Well, tripod or not....ants or not...this adventure made for some wonderful shots!!!!!!!!! Oh, and love that you are blaming Den for this....it ALWAYS helps to blame someone else, eh? LOL!!!!

Breeza said...

Oh no!! Bad Denis, Bad Denis!! You poor thing....one of these days you might actually get to take those pics!!

Blog Archive