Monday, December 31, 2007

An adventure day to end all adventures......well almost!




Gosh! What a day we had yesterday.....none of us wanted it to end. We left home at 10am and got home just before 8pm! Firstly we set off for Point Leo - a surf beach about a 40 minute drive away.....I thought the children might enjoy the waves - I was right! We introduced Hugh to boogie boarding! You could not wipe the smile off his face....well worth the trip for that alone. We also went there as it has great rock pools. We found a gorgeously warm one that Katie delighted in. We then headed off and followed our noses. We arrived at a strawberry farm, but at $24 for all of us to pick strawberries, gave it a miss. Next it was off to Arthur's Seat as I was hoping the chairlift might be operational - alas! No! Still the views were superb as was my glass of chardy. Finally it was back to Mornington where we enjoyed a play at the park and some wonderful Chinese food for dinner. We bought a tub of ice cream on the way home and sat around the lounge room exclaiming about the wonders of our day. Days don't get much better than this. I took over 150 photos.....if you would like to see some more - not all! - just some, please click here!

5 comments:

Birgit said...

hello helen, i wish you and your familie a happy new year!!!! with best wishes your german friend Birgit

Wendy said...

Oh Helen what a beautiful day!! I'm jealous!! Beautiful photos too!! Thank you ma'am for sharing...stunned on the cost of Strawberry picking too...I think I would have passed too...

Yummers! said...

You captured it all... a wonderful, beautiful day with your family. I've clicked and looked at everything... at least twice! You dear Helen, make everyday special for your family.
Love, love, love,
Grammy J

Leah said...

Wow, those summery pictures are beautiful. You are making me long for our summer back. LOL. Glad you are having such a fantastic time. Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Krissy said...

AMAZING day. I so wish I were there! It sounds so lovely! Man... I have GOT to get to Australia one of these winters! Errr.. summers? LOL! Beautiful photos. WOW! You're good girl!

Blog Archive